Cookies for Sharon

    I love this picture because the lighting makes it seem like the perfect mid-night time for snacking!


    I have met the most awesome person here at VCU - she's the sweetest and kindest and most delightful person to be around. Everyday she drives about an hour to come on campus where she works in the lab, creates hilarious analogies to remember physiology concepts, and performs a little Maid of Honor work on the side. To thank her for being such a star, I decided to make her a batch of oatmeal cookies.

    Now, if you don't know me, here's a little personal detail: I don't like raisins. Crazy? Maybe, but I really don't like 'em - unless they are in rum raisin ice cream. Then I'll make an exception. Usually I substitute cranberries for the raisin part, but unfortunately I didn't have anymore. I crazily dug through the cupboards before realizing - duh! Chocolate chips. Dark chocolate ones. And so the story beings...





    I actually made the entire recipe, which I got off the side of my Quaker Oats container - okay, let me honest. I used the Quaker Oats recipe - the oats I had were actually of the Kroger variety because it was $2 cheaper and that was how I justified spending $4 on Ghirardelli chocolate chips.







    The end result was sinfully delicious and absolutely perfect paired with a glass of milk. I ate three and called it dinner. I mean, oats are filling, right? Again, remember to take the cookies out when they are still a little un-set in the middle if you want them a little chewier. Or you can pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds before eating.


    So here's to Sharon - one cookie for every time you had to explain the intrafusal fibers to me ;) Hehe :)





Total Pageviews