Modifications Are In Order


    White bean chili is something I never really tried until Weston and I made some this January. I liked the recipe a LOT but now that I look back on it, the chili might have been a little on the runny side (Weston, I don't want to hear it...)

    I used the same base recipe as before but made a few modifications:

    1, 48 oz can Great Northern Beans
    1, 15 oz can Kidney Beans
    1 orange bell pepper chopped small
    2 onions, and 3 cloves garlic chopped
    1 tsp oregano
    1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
    salt, pepper, garlic powder
    36 oz chicken stock
    1/2 cup crushed tomatoes or leftover spaghetti sauce

    Saute the onion, potato, pepper, and garlic until cooked through, then add the rest of the ingredients.

    Cook over medium heat for about 1 hour until it reduces by about an inch when you look at the side of the pot. Spritz with lemon before serving, if you wish.



Total Pageviews